The Conference will be held at the University of Sheffield, United Kingdom, 14th-16th July 2014 hosted by the Department of Sociological Studies.
Following the success of last year's conference we are pleased to be hosting the 2014 conference in Sheffield once again. The plenaries, paper sessions and symposia will reflect on the theme of social policy confronting change resistance, resilience and radicalism, encouraging debate on issues such as:
- Welfare states confronting change
- Inequalities at the global, world regional, national and local levels
- Social policy and austerity/challenging austerity
- The politics of social policy reform
- The gendered and racialised dimensions of welfare retrenchment
- Social divisions within the distribution and delivery of welfare
- Taxation policies and fiscal welfare
- Employment, unemployment and precarious working
- Social divisions and discrimination in challenging times
- Privatisation and outsourcing
- Work and worklessness
- Migration in an age of austerity
The conference starts at 10.30am on Monday and ends at 2pm on Wednesday.
More information about the UK Social Policy Association can be found at http://www.social-policy.org.uk/